Dealing with conflicts: Don´t let me be misunderstood
Stage of the project
- reflect on differences and misunderstandings
- room which is big enough to act and move around
- paper and pencils
- strengthen communication skills
- strengthen ability to reflect
Warm up (10 Minutes)
participants criss-cross the room and follow instructions for their movements:
- go over red-hot sand
- wade through the swamp
- go through a high corn field
- Gravity is increasing more and more
Discuss in group:
What does misunderstanding mean?
Find illustrative examples.
How come misunderstandings?
Gibberish (10 Minutes)
Two players improvise a discussion using a fictitious language – they show different emotions.
Working in small groups (3-4 persons)
What misunderstandings have happened to you in life?
Write down a misunderstanding that has happened to you or that you have observed.
Stage the story together – use Gibberish to express yourself and to communicate with each other.
Possibility: find different endings to the story
Feedback and Reflection
Feedback and common reflection on different stories
- Reflect on process of staging: how did you find the story, how was your discussion about staging, how did you work together etc.
- what did you observe? What happened?
- How did a misunderstanding arise?
- What possibilities are there to clarify the misunderstanding?
- How could the misunderstanding be resolved?