Educational institutions 2
Stage of the project
- Recruitment of youngsters. (25 peers. Total number of peers: 50)
- Recruitment of the minority group eg. Refugees, young migrants, young people from diverse backgrounds
- Contact educational institutions eg. language schools, secondary education, vocational training centre, tenth grade centre etc.
- Contact principals, chief of education, guidance counsellor etc.
- Get knowledge of the common reasons for students to join a programme eg.:
- First-hand knowledge about their new home country
- Speaking and practice language with a youngster
- Being friends with a youngster from different communities
- Youngsters to do spare time activities with etc.
- Pamphlets or PowerPoint presentation (depends on the youngsters)
- Pictures of peers to show
- Invite a peer from diverse backgrounds to join
- Pre-information event
- ‘Drop in’ eg. at the coordinator’s office
Level of spoken second language (Danish, English, German etc.)
- Networking is essential
- Build a relationship if possible
- Make a safe space
- Recruitment should be done throughout the period of the project from the end of 2019 to January 2021