Dealing with conflicts: Chair Play
Stage of the project
- reflect one´s own and group behaviour
- understand dynamic of conflicts
- room which is big enough to move around
- as many chairs as participants
- strengthen communication skills
- strengthen ability to reflect
- Promote self-awareness
Building 3 groups
Atoms and Molecules:
Participants move in the room – the trainer proclaims a number: 5!
Groups with 5 participants are formed.
Each group is getting a different order:
- 1st group: Set up all chairs in the room as quickly as possible in a circle.
- 2nd group: Bring all chairs in the room as quickly as possible in front of the door.
- 3rd group: Bring all chairs in the room as quickly as possible in a corner of the room.
without talking to each other
Feedback and Reflection
Plenary: Reflect and discuss following questions:
- What did you notice, what happened?
- How were the reactions and interactions?
- Were there any conflicts?
- Did you find nonverbal conversation with others?